Date: 10/10/19 4:02 am
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: Southern Chester County Hawk Watch at Bucktoe Creek Preserve (09 Oct 2019) 8 Raptors

CREEK PRESERVE
<BR><BR>
Visitors (2): Ellen Nunn
<BR><BR>

Weather:
<BR><BR>
Weather:
Cloudy w/Showers (100% cloud cover), Ceiling -- 2,000 ft., Visibility -
10-4 miles, Temps 55 - 59F, Winds NNE @ 10 mph.
<BR><BR>

Raptor Observations:
----“Raptors” seen, but deemed not to be migrating: 2-Red-shouldered
Hawk, 4-Red-tailed Hawk, and numerous Black (28) and Turkey Vultures (24).

<BR><BR>

Non-raptor Observations:
TODAY’S Bucktoe Bird Blog [‘BBB’]:
<BR><BR>
This day is to be a total washout, but we do need the rain and I’ll bet
we still get something nice in the “bird world.” This was a SLOW day
at the watch. COMMON RAVENS swung by a couple of times, calling as they
did. An adult White-crowned Sparrow joined the juveniles and they, along
with several Savannah Sparrows enjoyed our seed offering, while 3
Yellow-rumped Warblers in the feeder snags were the first of these species,
signaling the end of warbler migration.
<BR><BR>
After the watch, at a brief visit to New Garden WTP I saw 13 Lesser
Yellowlegs.
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>
----ADDITIONAL BIRD HIGHLIGHTS:
<BR><BR>
COMMON RAVENS, White-crowned Sparrows, Savannah Sparrows, Palm Warblers,
and Yellow-rumped Warblers
<BR><BR>
----OTHER WILDLIFE NOTED: Butterflies (0). Dragonflies (0). Reptiles &
Amphibians (0). Mammals (1): Eastern Cottontail.
<BR><BR>
numbers at the site for today (join me, if you wish): Miles: 2.05; Steps:
4,804; Floors: 6.
<BR><BR>
that.
<BR><BR>
TOTAL SPECIES – Identified from watch site: today: 40; this season:
122
<BR><BR>
NEW SPECIES ADDED TODAY TO THIS YEAR’S “WATCH SPECIES LIST (1):”
Yellow-rumped Warbler.
<BR><BR>

Predictions:
Tomorrow’s flight looks still vry cloudy, but with a favorable wind.
<BR><BR>
for the “Nighthawk Watch.”

Site Description:
High open meadow near Red Clay Creek