Date: 10/3/19 6:22 pm
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: Southern Chester County Hawk Watch at Bucktoe Creek Preserve (03 Oct 2019) 5 Raptors

CREEK PRESERVE
<BR><BR>
Visitors (1): Just me in the rain
<BR><BR>

Weather:
<BR><BR>
Weather:
Cloudy w/Drizzle and Rain (100% cloud cover), Ceiling -- 1,900 ft.,
Visibility - 7 miles, Temps 67F, Winds East @ 5 - 10 mph.
<BR><BR>

Raptor Observations:
----“Raptors” seen, but deemed not to be migrating: 1-Red-shouldered
Hawk, 1-Red-tailed Hawk.
<BR><BR>

Non-raptor Observations:
TODAY’S Bucktoe Bird Blog [‘BBB’]: [PLEASE NOTE: On October 3, I
sent out the new large weekly “blog” and hotline in my new format - a
newsletter. This is NOT THESE reports you get from HawkCount. Rather,
it’s the newsletter from EBNT, with our upcoming schedule and the County
year bird list, etc. If you aren’t receiving it and are a regular
subscriber, look in your spam – a few servers send it there. [go
figure-lol] If you enjoy “the blog,” featuring the county species
list, and it ended up in your spam, you’ll have to follow your
provider’s method of “whitelisting” it, marking it as “not spam”
or it will always go there. It usually comes out every Thursday.
<BR><BR>
It was a miserable day spent at the hawk watch by myself. The drizzle
persisted all day. The sky was pretty much empty, leaving me to watch the
feeders and water feature while hoping for something odd to turn up there.
It did not.
<BR><BR>
Pulling myself away from all THAT excitement, I made a stop at New Garden
WTP seeing Lesser Yellowlegs, Killdeer, Spotted Sandpiper, and the
Ring-necked Duck. It was not a good day, yet tomorrow looks FANTASTIC, if
there are enough clouds to help with finding hawks. Either way, it looks
great for songbird migration. Be at the watch early [8am] for a walk to
“Warbler Meadows.”
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>
----ADDITIONAL BIRD HIGHLIGHTS:
<BR><BR>
Killdeer, White-crowned Sparrows, Swamp Sparrow, and Palm Warblers
<BR><BR>
----OTHER WILDLIFE NOTED: Butterflies (1): Monarch - 4. Dragonflies (0).
Reptiles & Amphibians (0). Mammals (2): Eastern Cottontail, Eastern Gray
Squirrel.
<BR><BR>
numbers at the site for today (join me, if you wish): Miles: 1.91; Steps:
4,474; Floors: 5.
<BR><BR>
that.
<BR><BR>
TOTAL SPECIES – Identified from watch site: today: 37; this season:
114
<BR><BR>
NEW SPECIES ADDED TODAY TO THIS YEAR’S “WATCH SPECIES LIST (0):”
none.
<BR><BR>

Predictions:
Tomorrow’s flight looks FANTASTIC with strong northwest winds following
the passage of this front - if he background clouds will hold...
<BR><BR>
for the “Nighthawk Watch.”

Site Description:
High open meadow near Red Clay Creek