Date: 9/10/19 6:13 pm
From: Ryan Tomazin <wvwarblers...>
Subject: Allegheny Co. - Hilltop Park Nighthawk Watch
All,

Well, the heat did what I figured, and there was less bird movement all around. Not 'none', however. Kevin and Michele Mannella watched with me tonight, and we had two nighthawks come in to hunt the bowl much earlier than normal, giving excellent pre-twilight views.

Cedar Waxwing - 24
Common Grackle - 55
European Starling - 27
Cooper's Hawk - 1 local
Osprey - 1, showed up late at 7:19, which K & M got to see

Nighthawks:

7:06 - 1 bird moving west to east
7:13 - 1 bird moving north to south
7:19 - 1 bird moving west to east
7:28 - 4 birds moving north to southwest
7:33 - 1 bird moving north to southwest
7:40 - 1 bird moving west to east
7:43 - 1 bird moving north to south, and stayed to hunt the bowl, joining 7:40

10 total birds (449 for the season)

Will watch tomorrow if it is not raining/storming. Might be interesting. I will not be there Thursday.

Cheers,

Ryan Tomazin - Bridgeville, PA

Join us on Facebook!