Date: 9/9/19 8:03 am
From: Patrick O'Driscoll <patodrisk...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Re: Ani still here
I agree with Rachel. Purely anecdotally and FWIW, I see the species every
January when spending a week or two in Puerto Vallarta.
The birds around Isla Cuale, the stream that flows through the heart of
town, don't exactly beg for handouts.
But they do freely wander the island and its thickets within a few feet of
the stalls of vendors selling tourist items and food.
And yes, the ones I encounter are approachable. They are also rather
s-l-o-w and unhurried.

Patrick O'Driscoll
Denver