Date: 9/6/19 6:23 pm
From: Motmot <motmot99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Limpkin Question
Craig, you are just a wealth of information. Thanks for keeping everyone informed with accommodation, dining and parking info. Your excellent directions made it easier for Sue and I to get where we needed to be yesterday to see the Limpkin.
Thank you.
We all appreciate it!
Cindy Alberico.

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 6, 2019, at 7:16 PM, Craig Taylor <tnemec1...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:
>
> Gas has been $2.33 for regular at Rantoul exit on I-57.
> --------------------------------
> Olney has a new Best Western Plus.
>
> 367 N West Street
> Olney, Illinois 62450
> United States
> Toll Free Reservations 1(800) 780-7234
>
> Hotel Direct Number (618) 429-9360
>

> Travelers Inn in Olney is a $50.00 per night (tax included) fishermans motel in Olney. Old place. I stay there but would NOT take my wife...
> -------------
> Daylight Donuts has GREAT breakfast sandwiches.
>
> Counter-serve chain serving donuts & its own brand of coffee for sit-down or takeout.
> 320 W Main St
> Olney, IL 62450
>
> Opens 6AM Sat
>

> Craig Taylor
> La Grange, Illinois
> Cook County
>

> On Friday, September 6, 2019, 5:24:48 PM CDT, <peachjmc...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:
>

> I am seriously considering driving to see the Limpkin tomorrow morning. For the people that have driven there from the Chicagoland area (I'll be coming from Downers Grove), are there any tips or things to be aware of traffic-wise? Any recommended route? It will be a long day, but I assume that most of the people that have gone did the out-and-back on the same day, correct? If not, I'd be interested to know if there are hotels nearby. I did the 3 1/2 hour drive for the Lewis's Woodpecker out and back the same day. This will be 2 hours more, but man I REALLY want to see the Limpkin. So I'm about 99% decided. If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please let me know.
>

> And thanks, Craig, for the detailed instructions about where to park. Hoping for the Limpkin and Sabine's Gull in the same trip.
>

> Joan Campbell
>
> Currently in Downers Grove, IL
>
> DuPage County.

Join us on Facebook!