Date: 9/6/19 8:45 am
From: Craig Taylor <tnemec1...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Limpkin
It has been seen all morning.
This bird has been present since June 20.  Yesterday the owner of the property contacted the U of I who put the word out.
It seems to stay primarily in a small cove, where it's food source is - freshwater mussels.  It walks the edge of shoreline or flies and perches into nearby bald cypress tree.  Both locations easily viewed from road..
It will sometimes walk along edge into the tangle of growth on the right (as you look at lake) and "disappear" for short periods.

"Do you eBird?"

Craig Taylor
La Grange, Illinois
Cook County

On Friday, September 6, 2019, 10:34:59 AM CDT, Allen Yow <ayow...> wrote:

If anyone sees the Limpkin today please let me know. I may try to locate it tomorrow. Thank you.

Allen

H. Allen Yow

Rammelkamp Bradney, P.C.

232 West State Street