Date: 9/4/19 7:46 pm
From: Craig Taylor <tnemec1...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Limpkin Arrangements
After Keith left, I had a nice visit with Benjamin and Leslie Atkins, the original discoverers of the Limpkin.

They reside at 5066 E Westpoint Lane on Borah Lake in Olney. E Westpoint Lane is indeed a private road. That said, they have graciously allowed birders to come and park on their property to view the Limpkin, if it is present.

A mailbox with 5066 will be on your right. Their property begins there, and there is room for two cars in a gravel space just past mailbox. You can also park along side their house (which is just off the road). After the house there is room on the other side of the house in the grass.

Their property extends further down to a shed. You can park anywhere BUT....the Limpkin was hanging out just past the house in a small cove. The water is only 15 - 25 feet from the road. Please use common sense.

DO NOT PARK IN ROAD.

DO NOT PARK WITH YOUR VEHICLE HANGING OUT INTO THE ROAD.

DO NOT PARK ON OTHER SIDE OF ROAD.

WE HAVE TO KEEP NEIGHBORS HAPPY.

The Atkins report that this bird is pretty relaxed, something I observed today. The Limpkin flushed and only stayed in a nearby tree for 10 minutes and then flew back to the shoreline and landed 12 feet from me. Passing cars and bicyclists did not seem to bother it. Great pics can be had from the edge of the road and some common sense.

Do NOT park at 5065, which is across the road.

The bird flew at dark o’clock out of the cove, to the right, around the trees to ????

Hopefully it will return tomorrow...

Be good, Bird People!

Sent from my iPad

Craig Taylor