Date: 8/29/19 11:45 am
From: Susan Treesh <sktreesh...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] radar this morning
Sandra and all, I checked Sandy Hook this morning thinking the NW winds
might have brought something.  But other than thousands of swallows,
little migration was evident.  Water levels are very high there.  I
think the Hook must have caught some of the rain off the ocean
yesterday.  We are approaching a new moon as well. I have never seen the
north end so inundated.  The tidal cut there was huge - cutting off some
fishermen who must have walked across the cut earlier.  The little creek
at Spermiceti Cove was several feet deep, flowing strongly.  It has cut
a new path on its (short) trip to the bay.  The old path is still
visible, but blocked by a high bank of sand, washed in who knows when.

Susan Treesh
Somerset

On 8/29/2019 5:39 AM, Sandra Keller wrote:
> Looks light. I don't believe a heavy flight last night. But there was
> stuff moving. I am curious to see whether I get a morning flight
> at east point. I can move inland quick if no flight. There will be flocks
> in the woods.
>
> Good birding all.
>
> Sandra Keller
>
> Sent from my iPad mini