Date: 8/29/19 9:40 am
From: Karenne Snow <njwren46...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Shorebirds + at Burlington Fairgrounds Rt 206
Tuesday evening, I arrived at the Burlington County Fairgrounds just after
a beautiful female Peregrine Falcon landed in the field. The birder who saw
the falcon arrive had been counting the Killdeer - and she was up to more
than 150! Of course, the Killdeer scattered when the falcon came in.

I stayed around for a while, waiting for the Peregrine to move on (she
didn't) and finally saw the Sanderling, 70 Starlings, 4 Mourning Doves, 31
Killdeer, 2 Tree Swallows and an adult Bald Eagle.

Today I went back around noon and saw the Pectoral and 137 Killdeer! The
Sanderling was still present.

Karenne
South Jersey

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019, 8:43 PM Jimmy Lee <leewah...> wrote:

> All,
>
> there were 30+ estimate of killdeer (also a sprinkling of Mourning Doves
> and a few starlings).
>
> Apologies for the omission.
>
> Jimmy
>
> Jimmy Lee
>
> South Brunswick, NJ
>

> > On August 28, 2019 at 2:07 PM Jimmy Lee <leewah...> wrote:
> >

> > All,
> >

> > As reported previously on various text alerts and FB groups, there were
> many (30+ estimate), one sanderling, one pectoral sandpiper, and one
> American Golden Plover. An Upland Sandpiper was seen yesterday but I
> couldn't it today.
> >

> > The varied from overcast to bright when all these birds were clear
> through bins and scope. about 12:30 - 2pm.
> >

> > A bonus was an adult bald eagle perched in the dead tree.
> >

> > Viewing was from the southern half of grounds entering from
> Jacksonville-Jobstown Rd, drive in through parking area until you reach a
> large field where the vegetation is all brown (dead). There are
> portapotties in the parking areas.
> >

> > If you get the Uppie please post here.
> >

> > Good birding.
> >

> > Regards,