Date: 8/26/19 4:17 am
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Raccoon Ridge (24 Aug 2019) 40 Raptors

Unknown Falcon 0 0 0
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 0 1 1

Total: 40 89 89

Observation start time: 08:45:00
Observation end time: 17:00:00
Total observation time: 8.25 hours

Official Counter: Jim Thomson

Observers: Brian Butler, Brian Hardiman, Phil Rodriguez, Scott Wood

Visitors:
SOBO- " One Step" from Bradenton,Fl. Best of luck !!
Hikers- 45
Also many thanks to observer Tom Campbell for his help today,
Nice to see Tom Campbell and Scott Wood back on the ridge today !
Also glad Brian Hardiman could make it back up top too !

Weather:
Temps- 61-72 Deg.F Winds- N@ 2-6mph switching to NW @ 5-10mph in pm
Partly cloudy skies.

Raptor Observations:
Bald Eagle- 10:55I, 10:56I, 11:18I, 11:20A, 11:21I, 11:25A, 11:34A, 11:40I,
11:50I,
1:54A, 1:55I, 2:05I, 3:08I

The Bald Eagle show continues with 13 birds counted as migrating today and
many, many more seen but not deemed to be migrating.
We had exceptional Raven activity today with 44 Ravens perched and flying
around the cell tower on the upper reservoir. A lone bald eagle was perched
on the cell tower and was basically surrounded by ravens. The Bald Eagle
decided to vacate the area and was promptly dive-bombed by numerous
ravens! Great action !! Our Bird of the Day selection goes to our first
Osprey of the season which passed by in nice light on the river side.

Non-raptor Observations:
TV's
BV'S
Redtails-- numerous seen but not counted
Prairie Warbler, Chimney Swifts, Tree Swallows
Monarch- 19
Report submitted by Jim Thomson (<hawkinflight...>)

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=339

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>
List archives: https://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=jerseybi