Date: 8/19/19 1:48 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Wood Dale Reservoir & Techny North Monday 8-19-19
Hello Bird People,

At Wood Dale Reservoir the western wetlands remains flooded & all the
shorebirds are at the reservoir mostly on the north edge. At Air
Station Prairie in spite of all the rain we had on Sunday the mud
flats have changed from dried mud to wet mud but there's no standing
water. At Techny North only about 1/3 of the mud flats remain with 2/3
under water.

Wood Dale Reservoir Complex (7:30-10 a.m.)

Reservoir

D.C. Cormorant (1)
Great Blue Heron (4) & Great Egret (1)
Canada Goose (5) & Mallard (26)
Killdeer (24)
Greater (1) & Lesser (1) Yellowlegs (Together for a while for easy I.D. work)
Solitary (6), Spotted (7), Least (10) & Semipalmated (5) Sandpipers
Ring Billed Gull (13) & Caspian Tern (7)
Barn Swallow (6)

Middle Pond

D.C. Cormorant (2), Great Blue Heron (1), Great Egret (1) & Mallard (1)

Western (Itasca) Wetlands (Flooded)

D.C. Cormorant (1), Great Blue Heron (2), Great Egret (1) & Mallard (2)

I had 14 species of land birds & of some interest were Eastern
Kingbird (2) & Cedar Waxwing (8)

Techny North (12:15-12:45 p.m.)

D.C. Cormorant (3)
Great Blue Heron (2), Great Egret (5) & Black Crowned Night Heron (2-AD & 3-IM)
Wood Duck (16) & Mallard (26)
Red Tailed Hawk (1-IM flying)
Killdeer (24)
Solitary (6), Spotted (1) & Least (6) Sandpipers
Chimney Swift (1)
Barn Swallow (8)

Bird-Of-The-Day to the Greater Yellowlegs & Runner-Up to the Night Herons.

Al Stokie
Close to home in DuPage & Cook Co's today

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: