Date: 8/13/19 9:53 am
From: 'jarojim .' <jimjarosz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Re: Avocet At 83rd Street Fluddle & Stilt Sandpiper At Wood Dale Reservoir Monday 8-12-19
And if you walk along the path there is a very visible, trampled down,
narrow path through the vegetation down right to the fluddle area. I serve
my warning about ticks and other bugs, along with vegetation scratches.

Saw it there yesterday in the rain

Jim Jarosz from Norridge

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 10:29 AM Matt Wistrand <mwistrand...>
[ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

> * Jeff,There is a path (labeled on Google Maps as "Greene Trail") that
> starts at 83rd/IL-53, so I usually park on one of the residential streets
> off of 83rd, and then cross IL-53 at the light. The fluddle is very visible
> from the path, so once you're there it should be easy to find a viewing
> spot.Matt WistrandWest Chicago, DuPageOn Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:55 AM
> JEFFREY BOLAND <j.t.boland...> <j.t.boland...> [ILbirds]
> <ILbirds-noreply...> <ILbirds-noreply...>> wrote:
> For those of us newer birders that might go out to try to see the Avocet
> and Stilt.... what is the best way to bird the 83rd st. fluddle? The map,
> and a quick drive by, makes it look like there is very little access, or
> convenient observation area. Is it best to off-road it through the
> grasses, or is there a better way I haven't seen?Any help is
> appreciated.Jeff *

Join us on Facebook!