Date: 8/13/19 7:21 am
From: Brian Sykes via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Fwd: eBird Report - Chincoteague Assateague beach, Aug 10, 2019
My first attempt sending ebird . Trying to get an i.d. on the peep in the
photo. Sorry brief messsge im heading to work. Ive been hoping to get
positive siteings of Peregrine Falcons that ive seen reported around
Chincoteague . Wasnt thrilled with my results. Found one chasing a
shorebird over the ocean. Apparently it caught it. As it flew back to the
beach it was greeted by another. They fought over it and one ( not sure
which) landed on beach and gorged its meal and the other landed on bayside
of beach and hung out on a tree stump or something . Wondering if they hang
out there in Toms Cove and eat all the protected birds?
Thanks
Bsykes
Accomack

From: <ebird-checklist...>
Date: Tue, Aug 13, 2019, 10:02 AM
To: <byrdwatcher520...>

Chincoteague Assateague beach, Accomack, Virginia, US
Aug 10, 2019 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
4.0 mile(s)
13 species (+1 other taxa)