Date: 8/11/19 8:45 pm
From: Doug & Nina Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Red-necked Grebes & Eastern Screech Owl
In Dickinson County this morning I observed two adult *Red-necked Grebes*
with 2 young at Grover's Lake, near the MN state line. Karen Disbrow also
viewed them, as we had both gone birding after completing our staffing the
IOU and Iowa Audubon booths at Saturday's Okoboji Blue Water Festival.
These are likely the same RNGRs Lee Schoenewe reported about a month ago,
adults with a larger young brood at that time.

Back home at 10:15 this evening I an *Eastern Screech Owl* was whinnying in
our backyard--a new yard bird for us in Ogden after living here for for 18
years.

Doug Harr