Date: 8/7/19 4:32 pm
From: Theresa Hertzel <nancy.hertzel...>
Subject: [obol] eBird RBA for August 7
*** Species Summary:

Franklin's Gull (1 Deschutes, 1 Tillamook)
Gray Catbird (1 Clackamas)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak (2 Curry)

Franklin's Gull (Leucophaeus pipixcan) (1)
- Reported Aug 04, 2019 by Central Oregon Historical Records
- Hatfield Lake, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.1232081,-121.198554&ll=44.1232081,-121.198554
- Comments: "Observer - Peter Low "Adult molting to winter plumage""

Franklin's Gull (Leucophaeus pipixcan) (1)
- Reported Aug 06, 2019 13:30 by Cliff Cordy
- Nehalem Sewage Ponds, Tillamook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.7161882,-123.8876724&ll=45.7161882,-123.8876724
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Noticeably smaller than the numerous California Gulls present.
Faded hood, bold white partial eye ring. Juvenile."

Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) (1)
- Reported Aug 07, 2019 06:39 by James Moodie
- Milo McIver SP, Clackamas, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.2948027,-122.364006&ll=45.2948027,-122.364006
- Comments: "Saw dark bird, smaller than Robin, larger than song sparrow.
Then heard it give the rachet call a few times. Will try to refund with
camera"

Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Pheucticus ludovicianus)
- Reported Aug 07, 2019 07:30 by Bob Busch
- My Home Feeder, Curry, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.0590159,-124.2641401&ll=42.0590159,-124.2641401
- Comments: "This was probably the same male bird I saw at the feeder on
8/4. This time it was on the feeder &lt;15 sec just as I started watching,
and it did not return during the next hour and 15 minutes while I was
observing. The feeder is at the top of the east bank (also called south
bank) of the Chetco River within the reach of the estuary."

Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Pheucticus ludovicianus)
- Reported Aug 04, 2019 07:00 by Bob Busch
- My Home Feeder, Curry, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.0590159,-124.2641401&ll=42.0590159,-124.2641401
- Comments: "Only one appearance, on feeder 10 ft from window for &lt; 1
minute. Initial view from back, then both side and face-on views. Coal
black head, bright red breast, white under belly. No hint of a
hybridization feature. Many black-headed grosbeaks come to this feeder
daily, males, females, and juveniles. As of the 6th I haven't seen this
bird again. It does appear as rare on the Curry County species checklist.
Feeding on sunflower seeds."

Join us on Facebook!