Date: 8/7/19 4:13 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] Black Turnstone may have left from Philomath PP
From Salem this morning at 7, I stopped at Ankeny NWR where there were
Least and Western Sandpipers, another RB Gull, Dowitchers, Gr Yellowlegs,
Spotties along with ducks that I don't look at this time of year. Jack
Presley was there and so I invited him along to Philomath Sewage Ponds to
look for Phalaropes and the Turnstone that was seen there recently

We saw six RED-NECKED PHALAROPES, a lot of LEAST and WESTERN SANDPIPERS, 10
SPOTTED SANDPIPERS, and more BLACK PHOEBES than I have seen since the Great
Valley or the Bay area all in one place, I got flagged for 10 on eBird so I
cut it to 8. D Robinson was there, he saw the Turnstone fly out when a
dirt farmer came too close to the NW pond earlier this morning. If that
continues, then 8/7 will be the last day for Black Turnstone at PPP.

I had planned to Bogart on Doug's eBird checklist when I got home, with my
own changes, but I did not see his so I made my own. It is factual, with
some estimates and omissions from memory

Roy Gerig Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!