Date: 8/7/19 10:46 am
From: Brandon Caswell <brandon.caswell83...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] NOT Iowa Sighting
I see you got the bird this AM, congratulations!

James Huntington and I went down yesterday and saw it. Definitely worth the
trip. Emiquon NWR is about two hours south of the Quad Cities or about an
hour east of Keokuk. It was built to help restore habitats destroyed when
the flow of the Illinois River was reversed many, many years ago. There is
also a white morph male Ruff at the dike located near Goofy Ridge. This is
25 minutes from the Little Stint location. Both locations have hundreds to
thousands of shorebirds right now, with great diversity.

The stint is being seen between the North Globe and South Globe units, park
here (40.3418277, -90.0929520). Park here for the Ruff, (40.3995729,
-89.9418516).

Good birding,
Brandon Caswell
Marion