Date: 8/6/19 8:34 pm
From: Daniel Farrar <jdanielfarrar...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Daniel's tern
I admit I hastily made the ID thinking it was an adult. It's obvious now
that the pale fringed feathers make it a juvenile. In flight it had pale
secondaries and a very thin dark trailing edge to the primaries, both good
marks for Arctic.

Daniel Farrar
Dunes City

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019, 8:29 PM Shawneen Finnegan <shawneenfinnegan...>
wrote:

> Looks perfect for Arctic. They have such stubby legs.
>
> Shawneen
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Aug 6, 2019, at 7:44 PM, DJLauten and KACastelein <
> <deweysage...> wrote:
> >
> > Daniel Farrar posted a Common Tern today:
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58795825
> >
> > The bird appears short billed, round headed, pale gray primaries, light
> carpal bar, short legged, long tailed........
> >
> > Bird appears to be a juvenile.....
> >
> > How about Arctic?
> >
> > Thanks to a good friend who suggested such, prompting me to look and
> wonder. I am not tern expert, so please correct us if I'm wrong.
> >

> > Cheers
> >
> > Dave Lauten
> >

> > POST: Send your post to <obol...>
> > JOIN OR QUIT: http://www.freelists.org/list/obol