Date: 8/4/19 10:08 pm
From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Fernhill Wetlands Blue-winged Teal??? Help?
Hi Jack,

Your ducks look like Cinnamon Teal to me. They are relatively warm brown
overall, with very little head pattern. Blue-winged Teal tend to be
somewhat colder grayish-brown overall, with a paler face, often a darker
eye line, rather pronounced white eye arcs, and an obvious pale spot near
the base of the bill. Also, their bills are a bit smaller than those of
Cinnamon Teal, and your birds have pretty hefty bills.

Good birding!

Hendrik

--
Hendrik G. Herlyn