Date: 8/3/19 9:50 am
From: Aaron Skirvin <umatbirder...>
Subject: [obol] Re: w w xbills continue
White-winged Crossbills continue at Woodward Campground, Tollgate, Umatilla
County this morning. At least 4 were feeding on Engelmann spruce seeds in
treetops near campsite 10. I did not hear them vocalizing. This is about
the 7th record for Umatilla County. First record was of a single bird at
the town of Umatilla during the winter of 1985-86. They apparently nested
in the Tollgate area in 1992 and again in 1997 when they lingered into
1998. The last report (prior to the birds currently at Tollgate) was a
flock of 15 - 20 at Ukiah on Dec. 26, 2015.

Aaron Skirvin
Pendleton