Date: 7/31/19 5:35 pm
From: Nagi Aboulenein <nagi.aboulenein...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Subject: Re: Titmouse Oak or Juniper? - the app
Nah, I’ve got you all beat. I’ll do a firmware upgrade on my Canon camera, such that when I point the camera at the bird, it will flash the species, subspecies, age, sex, vital signs, etc, on my viewfinder. This way I can pick and choose which birds to take photos of.

Happy first of April in July.

Cheers,

Nagi
On Jul 31, 2019, 17:32 -0700, Bob Archer <rabican1...>, wrote:
> Yeah,  I am actually doing the beta test on it, the laser they use is a bit strong,  accidentally cut the roof off my Subaru trying to track a bird the other day.
>
> Bob Archer
>
> On Jul 31, 2019, at 4:23 PM, Alan Contreras <acontrer56...> wrote:
>
> > Paul, I can hardly wait for April 1 to roll around!
> >

> > Alan Contreras
> > <acontrer56...>
> > Eugene, Oregon
> >
> > www.alanlcontreras.com
> >

> > > On Jul 31, 2019, at 4:21 PM, Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...> wrote:
> > >
> > > My sources tell me there is an app in development that will resolve questions like the Oak/Juniper Titmouse, Allens/Rufous Hummingbird, redish sapsucker, and other similar questions.  Called the ABLE app (Audubon Bionic Laser eBird app), it will work on mitochondrial DNA.  Simply point your cell phone at the bird in question and it will tell you the species.
> > >
> > > They say it is due for release April 1, 2020. Price $500.
> > >
> > > Paul Sullivan

Join us on Facebook!