Date: 7/26/19 12:11 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Wood Dale Reservoir Complex Friday 7-16-19
Hello Bird People,

I was just here on Tuesday & the western wetlands were so flooded I
thought it would be at least a week before mud flats would be seen
again but I guess they can control water levels here to some extent as
today wonderful mud flats have returned. However, wonderful shorebirds
still are NOT back yet. But keep looking as mud flats this good will
surely result in some good stuff in the near future.

Wood Dale Reservoir Complex (7-9:30 a.m.)

Reservoir Only

D.C. Cormorant (2)
Great Blue Heron (1)
Great Egret (2)
Canada Goose (25) & Mallard (2-F)
Killdeer (11) & Spotted Sandpiper (1)
Ring Billed (21) & Herring (2-IM) Gulls
Caspian Tern (13 adults & 2 immature)
Tree Swallow (8)

Western (Itasca) Wetlands

D.C. Cormorant (1 fly-by)
Great Blue Heron (1) & Great Egret (2)
Green Heron (2)
Killdeer (28)
Spotted (5), Semiplamated (2) & Least (6) Sandpipers
Tree & Barn Swallows

I had 24 species of land birds which were all common ones but of some
interest were
Red Bellied Woodpecker (1), Flicker (3), Willow Flycatcher (2
singing), Eastern Kingbird (1),
W.B. Nuthatch (1) & Baltimore Oriole (1-M). (Check my ebird checklist
if you want to see
the rest.)

Not much to choose from but Bird-Of-The-Day to the 2 singing Willow
Flycatchers as I usually only hear them & Runners-Up to the Red
Bellied Woodpecker & the Eastern Kingbird.

Al Stokie
In DuPage County briefly today

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings: