Date: 7/24/19 5:01 am
From: Orin K3 <orink3...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] Osprey misfortune
Good luck with that fledgling, Bill.

I have two Bald Eagle nests on Piscasaw Creek here in southeastern Boone
County, IL. The easier nest to monitor is only 103 yards from the road.
Two fledglings - both now flying for about 10 days in the 3 yr old nest.

The older nest was recently re-built, as of Dec 01, 2017, built by the
current parents after a 2017 May-June series of storms knocked down an
earlier, circa 2007, nest in the same clump of trees. There is one
fledgling there, but both the new and older nests are about 406 yards (by
golf gadjet).

The attached cell phone pic is of the fledglings in "pre-fight exercise"
mode at the Angling road site.

As Ever, Orin in Boone County, IL
P) 815-345-9806
E) <orink3...>