Date: 7/23/19 1:25 pm
From: Rob Hofberg <rhofberg...>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] [sbcobirding] YBNH at Devereux
I've been bird watching for 52 years and half the time I have no idea what
these abbreviations mean half the time. Maybe use the full name it least
once in a post, and then the rest of the time abbreviate it?

Rob Hofberg

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 11:33 AM Wes Fritz via Groups.Io <wes-fritz=
<verizon.net...> wrote:

> You never know unless the bird is spelled out properly. There are only 23
> birds that start with YB, ( B= billed, Bellied, breasted, browed, Black,
> barred, and backed to mention a few) and if the B is a mistake? Who’s to
> know if any of the other letter are a typo?
>
> Also, “ wondering how long that would take to happen” could mean a long
> over due bird.
>
> Tom is a great birder, I do not want to miss anything good he finds.
>
> Good birding,
>
> Wes Fritz
> 805 895 0685
> <wes-fritz...>
> Solvang CA
>
> On Jul 23, 2019, at 10:46 AM, <zonetail...> wrote:
>
> YCNH I presume.
>
> Hugh Ranson
> SB
>

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 10:26 AM, Wes Fritz via Groups.Io <
> wes-fritz=<verizon.net...> wrote:
>
> YBNH ?
>
> Wes Fritz
> 805 895 0685
> <wes-fritz...>
> Solvang CA
>
> On Jul 23, 2019, at 10:06 AM, Nick Lethaby via Groups.Io <nlethaby=
> <ti.com...> wrote:
>
> Which age? Is the juv from NCOS?
>
> And yes, years overdue.

View/Reply Online (#29118): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/29118