Date: 7/22/19 3:13 pm
From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...>
Subject: [obol] Re: RBA - Great-tailed Grackle - Victor Road, Wasco County
What's a hatch-year Common Grackle doing in Wasco County? What do others
think of this bird? I don't know what the plumage of a typical juvenile
Great-tailed Grackle looks like in July, but that would be the more likely
species for the date and location given GT Grackle range expansion.

Do you agree that the bird in the photo is a juvenile? Is the flat-looking
head a useful field mark?

David in Seaside

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019, 11:44 Nels Nelson <nelsnelson7...> wrote:

> Update to my original posting. The bird is a *Common Grackle* (*NOT* a
> Great-tailed Grackle as I initially thought).
> See me updated report here: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58345131
>
> Thanks to the various birders that sent me input.
>
> Nels Nelson
> Hillsboro
>
> On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 9:45 AM Nels Nelson <nelsnelson7...> wrote:
>
>> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S58345131
>>
>> I apologize for not getting this posted sooner.
>>
>> Nels Nelson
>> Hillsboro

Join us on Facebook!