Date: 7/19/19 9:00 pm
From: Chuck Berman <cberman129...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Chicago Tribune article on Great Lakes Piping Plovers
As a former Tribune photographer, I was part of the reduction over the
years of the photo staff (after nearly 37 years) but besides the shrinking
of the newspaper, the Tribune has always used pictures well. The actual
downsizing of staff and use of pictures mentioned was at the Sun-Times
which notoriously let the entire shooting photographers go.
Just the journalist in me responding.
Cheers
Chuck Berman
Oak Park
Happily retired

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 6:35 PM Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <
<ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

> Thanks, saw this the other day and started reading it. They did a very
> nice and thorough job, including a photographer who captured important
> moments. That is nice to see as they had previously downsized photography
> which is an essential part of the news experience in my opinion.
>
> Suzanne Coleman
> Cook co.
>

> On Fri Jul 19 2019 17:31:40 GMT-0500 (CDT), Matthew Igleski
> <matt.igleski...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:
>

> Dear Ilberders,
>
> The Chicago Tribune just published this lengthy feature article on its
> website and it will also be in Sunday's print edition. The reporter
> visited Montrose and many other Midwest locations involved in the Great
> Lakes recovery program.
>
> Leslie
> <cakile...> <cakile...>
> Chicago/Cook