Date: 7/11/19 1:03 pm
From: Patrick Phillips <phillipspatj...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] help with flower id
I would recommend downloading the iNaturalist app. That allows you to take
a picture of any organism (plants included) and get recommendations for
potential ID. I am no botanist, but it has really been helpful in
determining the types of plants that I have encountered when I am out
birding.
Pat Phillips

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 3:22 PM Ralph Palmer <palmer.r.violin...>
wrote:

> Greetings -
>
> I'm pretty much a lurker on this list, even though we have had a couple of
> nice birds this year at our feeders - a Pileated a couple of times at our
> suet, and a couple of male Indigo Buntings regularly (i.e., multiple times
> daily).
>
> I have a question about a wildflower. I can't seem to find it in either my
> Peterson's or in the Audubon Society field guide. I'm pretty sure it's
> mustard family. At first, I thought it might be Arabis lyrata, but there
> are problems with that. Can anyone suggest a person or organization that
> might help with an id? I tried, pretty unsuccessfully, to take some photos.
> I got a decent one of the whole plant and a couple of the flower, but the
> basal rosette leaves didn't come out very well at all. Neither did the
> closeup photo of the upper leaves.
>
> If anyone is willing to help, or can point me in a good direction, perhaps
> you should respond off list.
>
> I appreciate your time and attention,
>
> Ralph
>
> --