Date: 7/11/19 12:22 pm
From: Ralph Palmer <palmer.r.violin...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] help with flower id
Greetings -

I'm pretty much a lurker on this list, even though we have had a couple of
nice birds this year at our feeders - a Pileated a couple of times at our
suet, and a couple of male Indigo Buntings regularly (i.e., multiple times
daily).

I have a question about a wildflower. I can't seem to find it in either my
Peterson's or in the Audubon Society field guide. I'm pretty sure it's
mustard family. At first, I thought it might be Arabis lyrata, but there
are problems with that. Can anyone suggest a person or organization that
might help with an id? I tried, pretty unsuccessfully, to take some photos.
I got a decent one of the whole plant and a couple of the flower, but the
basal rosette leaves didn't come out very well at all. Neither did the
closeup photo of the upper leaves.

If anyone is willing to help, or can point me in a good direction, perhaps
you should respond off list.

I appreciate your time and attention,

Ralph

--