Date: 7/2/19 4:12 pm
From: David Provencher via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] block busting for the atlas
Indeed some of us have been block busting! In fact I have not done any
surveying in my own blocks so far this year but have been block busting
"zero" blocks in the southeast region due to the critical need for coverage
in the region. The Atlas team is busy entering data but at this busy time
of the year they are a little behind submissions, which is of course to be
expected and a credit those submitting the data. But to the point of
focusing effort where needed, I want to mention southeast region blocks on
Chris's list of needy blocks that I have recently worked. These blocks
could use additional attention yes, but they need less than the others
Chris listed. The blocks on the list I have just recently worked are: 72B
and 73E. Both of these blocks now have 50 or 60 species recorded, give or
take.

We could really use a a hand with all the needy blocks Chris listed. Time
is running out for this year. We have only one more year to do our best for
the birds of Connecticut. Next year, the last year for the field work, will
be a push to cross the finish line, and every piece of data we can get this
year will help shorten the distance we need to go. We can do this!

Dave Provencher
Southeast Region Coordinator