Date: 6/29/19 2:13 pm
From: Teresa Hertzel <teresa.hertzel...>
Subject: [obol] June 29 eBird Oregon RBA
*** Species Summary:

Trumpeter Swan (1 Wallowa)
Tundra Swan (1 Union)
Common Goldeneye (1 Tillamook)
Long-billed Curlew (1 Lane)
Burrowing Owl (Western) (1 Harney)
Gray Flycatcher (1 Union)
Pine Grosbeak (3 Klamath)
Fox Sparrow (1 Lane)
Lincoln's Sparrow (2 Lane)
Bobolink (1 Crook)
Northern Waterthrush (1 Klamath)

Trumpeter Swan (Cygnus buccinator) (1)
- Reported Jun 28, 2019 08:15 by Kent Coe
- Minam State Recreation Area, Wallowa, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.6210013,-117.7229691&ll=45.6210013,-117.7229691
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "First saw it flying up river. It seemed healthy and not
afraid of people. The bill is straight, no yellow on bill, the facial
border seems straight."

Tundra Swan (Cygnus columbianus) (1)
- Reported Jun 28, 2019 13:00 by Dave Trochlell
- Peach Road stop, Union, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.2425678,-117.9497829&ll=45.2425678,-117.9497829
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing."

Common Goldeneye (Bucephala clangula) (1)
- Reported Jun 28, 2019 12:16 by Jimmy Billstine
- 5150 Hayes Oyster Drive, Bay City, Oregon, US (45.524, -123.897),
Tillamook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.5237402,-123.8969923&ll=45.5237402,-123.8969923
- Comments: "Continuing bird."

Long-billed Curlew (Numenius americanus) (1)
- Reported Jun 28, 2019 11:00 by John Sullivan
- Fern Ridge WMA--Fisher Butte Unit north (dikes around Pelican Pond,
Osprey Pond, Redhead Pond, and west edge of Barn Pond), Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.0667313,-123.263855&ll=44.0667313,-123.263855
- Comments: "Distant flyby, heading south over the lake. Large
cinnamon-colored shorebird with very long, decurved bill. Too Buffy-orange
for Whimbrel. Decurved bill eliminates Marbled Godwit. "

Burrowing Owl (Western) (Athene cunicularia hypugaea/rostrata) (1)
- Reported Jun 28, 2019 14:09 by Alex Lamoreaux
- Frenchglen Hwy, Princeton US-OR (43.2972,-118.9743), Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.297166,-118.974274&ll=43.297166,-118.974274
- Comments: "Adult standing at burrow"

Gray Flycatcher (Empidonax wrightii) (1)
- Reported Jun 28, 2019 08:30 by Dave Trochlell
- Ramo Flat Road, Union, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.1943012,-117.8654274&ll=45.1943012,-117.8654274
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "I encountered this continuing Gray Flycatcher - probably a
male - along the road at the Wigglesworth Spring. The bird was an Empid
with medium gray upperparts and very pale gray underparts and a pale
yellowish wash on the belly. The tail was relatively long and the wings
were relatively short. The bill seemed long and narrow, and I noticed the
bird's mostly orange lower mandible. The wings were dark gray, and the tail
was gray with whitish outer retrices. The bird had prominent white wingbars
and a fairly-distinct, but thin white eyering. Perhaps most importantly, I
observed this flycatcher slowly wag its tail downward several times. I saw
this bird make two food deliveries to a location within a copse of dense
shrubs on the hillside above the spring, so I presume that this was a male
delivering food to a nesting female. I marked the location where I stood to
observe the bird with a stone rock cairn. This bird was silent, but once
when it was out of my sight I heard a single rough "ch-lup" song phrase
coming from somewhere below the road. My sighting was very close to where
the Gray Flycatcher was last reported 11 days ago."

Pine Grosbeak (Pinicola enucleator) (2)
- Reported Jun 28, 2019 17:19 by Katy Banning
- Crater Lake NP--Headquarters, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.8954598,-122.1358681&ll=42.8954598,-122.1358681
- Comments: "Heard calling, in previous known location"

Pine Grosbeak (Pinicola enucleator) (2)
- Reported Jun 28, 2019 17:19 by Corey Ellingson
- Crater Lake NP--Headquarters, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.8954598,-122.1358681&ll=42.8954598,-122.1358681
- Comments: "Heard calling, in previous known location"

Pine Grosbeak (Pinicola enucleator) (2)
- Reported Jun 27, 2019 15:16 by Katy Banning
- Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway, Oregon, US (42.9, -122.138), Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.9000599,-122.137664&ll=42.9000599,-122.137664
- Comments: "Calling, saw on a previous visit and forgot to ebird them"

Fox Sparrow (Passerella iliaca) (1)
- Reported Jun 28, 2019 08:59 by Joshua Little
- Blair Lake, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.8347557,-122.2391138&ll=43.8347557,-122.2391138
- Comments: "Singing in suitable habitat on far side of the lake"

Lincoln's Sparrow (Melospiza lincolnii) (6)
- Reported Jun 28, 2019 08:59 by Joshua Little
- Blair Lake, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.8347557,-122.2391138&ll=43.8347557,-122.2391138
- Comments: "Abundant around lake"

Lincoln's Sparrow (Melospiza lincolnii) (15)
- Reported Jun 28, 2019 06:35 by Joshua Little
- Blair Lake Trail (No. 3553), Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.8399663,-122.2371849&ll=43.8399663,-122.2371849
- Media: 6 Photos
- Comments: "Visuals on 12. Buffy bib with fine streaks, pics. 10
concentrated in lower meadow, 3 in upper meadow, 2 in between, near NAWA
spot"

Bobolink (Dolichonyx oryzivorus) (1)
- Reported Jun 29, 2019 09:02 by Kevin Smith
- Pruitt Road, Paulina, Oregon, US (44.164, -119.751), Crook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.2069773,-119.8394553&ll=44.2069773,-119.8394553
- Comments: "Proable nesting pair male feeding in roses "

Northern Waterthrush (Parkesia noveboracensis) (1)
- Reported Jun 28, 2019 17:58 by Craig Tumer
- Gilchrist Crossing, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.4904566,-121.6859001&ll=43.4904566,-121.6859001
- Comments: "Heard only. Regular at this location."

Join us on Facebook!