Date: 6/25/19 1:26 pm
From: <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] YB Cuckoo at Grand Island, Yamhill County -- good reminder of comment deadline!
In addition to being a sighting of interest for local birders, this also serves timely reminder that comments are due on the proposal to de-list Western Yellow-billed Cuckoo as a federal endangered species.

While detections of in our region have become extremely rare, recent detections such as one and others in recent years from the Sandy River Delta area near Portland give hope that cuckoos from the endangered population in California might move northward. They are late migrants, so June is the best time to listen and watch in appropriate habitat.

Delisting would threaten the California population, which is the best hope for cuckoos to re-establish in the Willamette Valley. You can find further information at:
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2018/06/27/2018-13843/endangered-and-threatened-wildlife-and-plants-90-day-findings-for-three-species

Public comments on this proposed action are due by June, 29, 2019. Please visit:
https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=FWS-R8-ES-2018-0027

* From : Robert Lockett <robert.s.lockett@xxxxxxxxx>
* Date : Tue, 25 Jun 2019 10:39:26 -0700

Ed McVicker and I just saw (at 10:02 am) a Yellow-billed Cuckoo at the greenway
at Grand Isle, Yamhill County. It didn’t call despite playback. The Greenway is
accessed from SE Upper Island Road.

Bob Lockett

--
Joel Geier