Date: 6/24/19 3:36 pm
From: Teresa Hertzel <teresa.hertzel...>
Subject: [obol] June 24 eBird RBA
*** Species Summary:

Greater White-fronted Goose (1 Crook)
Cackling Goose (1 Multnomah)
Common Goldeneye (2 Grant, 1 Tillamook)
Black Swift (1 Tillamook)
Cassin's Auklet (2 Columbia)
Least Flycatcher (1 Wallowa)
Gray Flycatcher (1 Wallowa)
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (3 Lane)
Lincoln's Sparrow (1 Multnomah)
Baltimore Oriole (1 Harney)

Greater White-fronted Goose (Anser albifrons) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 24, 2019 11:26 by Charles Gates
- Houston Lakes, Crook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.2941213,-120.9893417&ll=44.2941213,-120.9893417
- Comments: "Photo "

Cackling Goose (Branta hutchinsii) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 23, 2019 11:02 by Duke Tufty
- Vanport Wetlands, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.598966,-122.6880813&ll=45.598966,-122.6880813
- Comments: "Continuing "

Common Goldeneye (Bucephala clangula) (1)
- Reported Jun 21, 2019 13:22 by Jules Evens
- Manzanita, Tillamook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.7174277,-123.9336348&ll=45.7174277,-123.9336348
- Comments: "One adult male at Nehalem Water Treatment Pond #1. Odd timing,
but eat ID. Added 6/24/19"

Common Goldeneye (Bucephala clangula) (1)
- Reported Jun 23, 2019 16:58 by David DuBois
- Seneca Sewage Lagoon (Restricted Access), Grant, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.1392944,-118.97666&ll=44.1392944,-118.97666
- Comments: "Male just starting to molt into eclipse. Continuing. "

Common Goldeneye (Bucephala clangula) (1)
- Reported Jun 23, 2019 16:58 by Rachel Bonafilia
- Seneca Sewage Lagoon (Restricted Access), Grant, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.1392944,-118.97666&ll=44.1392944,-118.97666
- Comments: "Male just starting to molt into eclipse. Continuing. "

Black Swift (Cypseloides niger) (1)
- Reported Jun 23, 2019 09:10 by Conor Scotland
- Holly Heights, Tillamook, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.435222,-123.9429044&ll=45.435222,-123.9429044
- Comments: "Very high flying bird. Drawn back, pointed wings of a swift.
All dark plumage. Could not make out tail shape due to distance. The bird
spent much of it's time gliding, interspersed with occasional wingbeats as
it made semi-circular foraging passes, moving north. The wingbeats were
much slower and more languid than those of VASW (though still rapidly
swift-like).

Seems awfully late for this bird, though I'm not very familiar with their
status in Oregon. I don't think it could be anything else though."

Cassin's Auklet (Ptychoramphus aleuticus) (1)
- Reported Jun 22, 2019 08:00 by Becky Kent
- Prescott, Columbia, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=46.0486551,-122.8850904&ll=46.0486551,-122.8850904
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "This bird was originally seen from Port of Kalama Property
north of Steelscape where we had some decent looks at it with bins not too
far out in the river. After maybe 10 minutes it flew across the river and
landed in the water just off the community of Prescott where we were not
able to locate it even with a scope. With bins we saw an very small all
gray alcid with little or no neck on the water. As it drifted closer,
photos were obtained with a phone through bins. In flight a pale gray belly
was observed. Becky will add photos. We were astounded to see this bird
this far upstream on the Columbia."

Cassin's Auklet (Ptychoramphus aleuticus) (1)
- Reported Jun 22, 2019 08:00 by Russell Koppendrayer
- Prescott, Columbia, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=46.0486551,-122.8850904&ll=46.0486551,-122.8850904
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "This bird was originally seen from Port of Kalama Property
north of Steelscape where we had some decent looks at it with bins not too
far out in the river. After maybe 10 minutes it flew across the river and
landed in the water just off the community of Prescott where we were not
able to locate it even with a scope. With bins we saw an very small all
gray alcid with little or no neck on the water. As it drifted closer,
photos were obtained with a phone through bins. In flight a pale gray belly
was observed. Becky will add photos. We were astounded to see this bird
this far upstream on the Columbia."

Least Flycatcher (Empidonax minimus) (1)
- Reported Jun 23, 2019 10:31 by Shawneen Finnegan
- Minam State Park, Wallowa, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.6380693,-117.7324533&ll=45.6380693,-117.7324533
- Comments: "Heard singing “Che-bek” multiple times."

Gray Flycatcher (Empidonax wrightii) (2)
- Reported Jun 21, 2019 07:27 by Kathleen Krall
- (45.4150,-116.9472), Wallowa, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.415001,-116.947204&ll=45.415001,-116.947204
- Comments: "Bobbing tail down. Two part song. Photos. "

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (Polioptila caerulea) (2)
- Reported Jun 23, 2019 14:30 by Jennifer Haynes
- Mt. Pisgah Aboretum, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.006462,-122.9810429&ll=44.006462,-122.9810429
- Comments: "The birds have been seen in this area for a few years and are
believed to be successfully nesting here (see observations by Dennis
Arendt). The nest is far enough off trail that getting a photo is
difficult, but the angry, whiny call and song are easy to identify. The
birds were heard not seen in the buckbrush area described by Dennis. A
male and female were seen by me in the buckbrush area off of trail 6 on
April 26."

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (Polioptila caerulea) (2)
- Reported Jun 24, 2019 08:21 by Forest Tomlinson
- Mt. Pisgah--SE access (Ridgeway Rd.), Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.9914227,-122.9415286&ll=43.9914227,-122.9415286
- Comments: "Heard only - Call note was given repeatedly from within a
thicket that was tucked back in the oaks at the location where these birds
have been previously reported. Note was thin and high pitched, given
repeatedly with varying two and three syllables. There were two individuals
calling. I assume they were keeping track of their whereabouts."

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (Polioptila caerulea) (4)
- Reported Jun 23, 2019 07:45 by Dennis Arendt
- Mt. Pisgah--SE access (Ridgeway Rd.), Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.9914227,-122.9415286&ll=43.9914227,-122.9415286
- Media: 5 Photos
- Comments: "Two adults feeding two almost adult sized young birds in the
nest. They have nested here last year. This is the first confirmed
successful (so far) nesting in this area. Video of young birds and nest
was made. Some still short will be posted later on eBird."

Lincoln's Sparrow (Melospiza lincolnii) (1)
- Reported Jun 23, 2019 12:47 by Anne Sammis & Eric Gropp
- Powell Butte Nature Park, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.487,-122.503&ll=45.487,-122.503
- Comments: "Juvenile, begging from SAVS adults"

Baltimore Oriole (Icterus galbula) (2)
- Reported Jun 17, 2019 15:45 by Laurie S
- OR - Malheur The Narrows - 33468 Sodhouse Ln, Princeton US-OR
(43.2580,-118.9569), Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.258041,-118.956899&ll=43.258041,-118.956899
- Comments: "Male and female in plain sight"*** Species Summary:

Join us on Facebook!