Date: 6/22/19 7:29 am
From: Mary Beth Kaeser via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] CTBirds injured goose Update Rescue Success!!
Wonderful news!

On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 10:23 AM Christina Nieves via CTBirds <
<ctbirds...> wrote:

> Thank you to all the CT birders who responded to my SOS. The rescue was a
> success! A beautiful Canadian Goose I call him "Big Daddy" the leader of a
> flock of 2 families that come to my lawn every day had a large 5" fishing
> lure caught in his foot this morning. He swam away before I could get to
> him and got his foot snagged on an underwater branch. I called the DEEP
> Emergency number provided to me and they sent a game warden: Officer Heath
> who paddled out on my kayak and somehow (by grace) was able to get him to
> shore and remove the lure.
> A sad reminder that we need to protect our land and water for the
> beautiful creatures we share space with. But I suspect I am preaching to
> the choir with this group! Thank you all again.
> Sincerely,
> Christina Nieves/Enfield

Mary-Beth Kaeser
Owner, Horizon Wings
9 Sand Hill Rd
Ashford Ct 06278
860-429-2181 860-481-0525
www.horizonwings. <http://www.horizonwings.net>org
" The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the
way its animals are treated." - Gandhi