Date: 6/20/19 3:13 pm
From: Michael Hobbs <birdmarymoor...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2019-06-20
Tweets – It rained all night, but by 4:00 a.m., or so, the rain stopped and held off all morning. We even had little bits of blue sky showing here and there. The park is abuzz with juvenile birds now. Few surprises this time of year, but still excellent.

Highlights:
a.. Wood Duck – Female seen entering box at Lake Platform
b.. BLACK SWIFT – Cruising low overhead all morning. Perhaps 20. Great looks
c.. Rufous Hummingbird – Very large numbers – 20+ – males, females, juveniles
d.. Anna’s Hummingbird – Large numbers – at least 10 – male, females, juveniles
e.. Great Blue Heron – Heronry REEKS – smells like a 3rd-world fish market during a heat wave
f.. GREEN HERON – Adult along slough – first Green Heron since April
g.. Barn Owl – juvenile hunting the meadows after 5am, mobbed by crows, again
h.. Western Screech-Owl – Matt saw a juvenile after 4:30am in large cottonwood south of East Footbridge
i.. Bushtit – three times we saw large flocks with many juveniles
j.. Bullock’s Oriole – Three: two barely seen, one heard-only. Detected for the list, but that’s about it
k.. Orange-crowned Warbler – 1 or 2 heard singing
l.. Yellow-rumped Warbler – ditto
As I said, lots of juveniles noted. At a minimum: Mallard, Anna’s Hummingbird, Rufous Hummingbird, Great Blue Heron (all still on the nest), Barn Owl, Western Screech-Owl, Downy Woodpecker, American Crow, Black-capped Chickadee, Chestnut-backed Chickadee, Bushtit, American Robin, House Finch, Savannah Sparrow, Song Sparrow, White-crowned Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco, Red-winged Blackbird, Common Yellowthroat, and Black-headed Grosbeak.

Eastern Cottontail were also especially numerous, with many young. We also had three or more sightings of American Beaver, and Matt & I saw a VIRGINIA OPOSSUM at about 5:15am near the Compost Piles.

Misses today included Canada Goose, Rock Pigeon, Red-tailed Hawk, Cliff Swallow, and Lazuli Bunting.

For the day, 59 species.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== <BirdMarymoor...>