Date: 6/12/19 5:41 pm
From: 'Fred Shaffer' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Willow Flycatcher near Jug Bay
I went kayaking after work today, putting into the Patuxent River at Selbys Landing. I explored the marsh across from the boat ramp where highlights included a calling Least Bittern and lots of singing Marsh Wrens and Common Yellowthroats. Then I kayaked up Matiponi Creek where the highlight was a singing Willow Flycatcher. The bird was singing in the small trees lining the wetlands. I had singing Willow Flycatchers while kayaking here before (I believe in 2010 or 2011). Also of note were a few Yellow Warblers and more Marsh Wrens, which I always enjoy listening to while kayaking. Good birding,
Fred ShafferCrofton, <MDGlaucousGull...>

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android