Date: 6/12/19 4:17 pm
From: Glenn Koppel <macatilly...>
Subject: Garrett BBS Data, Somerset County, Jun 12, 2019
We ran the Garrett (Somerset County) BBS route today. With the forecasts of winds and rain over the next two weeks, we decided to run this today thinking that during the week would be fine as the route goes over Mt. Davis which is not usually too busy. This was a mistake! The first 6 stops were a steady stream of dump trucks and semis hauling gravel from the quarry 2 miles outside of town. And, at stop 3, we had the pleasure of listening to a freight train go by. So, never again even for this count during the week, must be done on Sunday when the quarry will not be working.

We had 66 species which is slightly above the average of 63 with 516 individuals which is lower than the historical average. This route has not had close to average numbers of individuals since 2010 with 2016 being the lowest with 468.

No new species were added to the historical data either.

Glenn Koppel and Mary Alice Koeneke

> Canada Goose 2
> Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 2
> Mourning Dove 17