Date: 6/12/19 8:30 am
From: <plkoyama...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Fw: Dusky Grouse in the sagebrush
Tweets,
At the risk of beating this subject to death, Stephen’s post reminded me that a few years ago we were at Sun M.t Lodge on an early-season special, for some leisurely birding in the area. At about 8:30 a.m. we were heading down the driveway and there was a Dusky Grouse on the guardrail doing a bit of a display. We stopped, and rolled down the car window, and the guy didn’t budge, even while we sat there for a while listening to his soft “booming.” Being lazy, we rarely see grouse, so this was a real gift!
Penny Koyama, Bothell