Date: 6/12/19 6:48 am
From: Brooke Miller via Groups.Io <idbirds=<me.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] May 2019 Santa Clara County Cumulatve Bird Report

Folks:

There were 9 new birds found in May (9 is the average), for a total of 251 birds (average is 251) at the end of May. Thank you to everyone who birded, and took the time to report birds either on SouthBayBirds, eBird, or send emails directly to me.

The birds recorded for May, with rarity codes are:

#
Date
Bird
Rarity Code
Location
Observer
1
1-May
Elegant Tern
4
Salt Pond A16
Steve Tracey
2
2-May
Solitary Sandpiper
5
Gilroy WWTP
Steve Tracey
3
5-May
Townsend’s Solitaire
5
Mountain Winery
David Suddjian
4
6-May
White-faced Ibis
4
Gilroy WWTP
Bill Bousman
5
6-May
Cattle Egret
5
Gilroy WWTP
Bill Bousman
6
13-May
Wilson’s Phalarope
2
Gilroy WWTP
Garrett Lau & Bill Pelletier
7
15-May
Red Knot
5
Salt Pond A17
Pete Dunten
8
22-May
Willow Flycatcher
4
Coyote Pump Station (Peet Rd, SJ)
Bryan Mori
9
29-May
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
5
Yard in Cambrian Park (SJ)
Jane Jordan

My monthly reports are made up of eBird sightings, postings on SBB, and direct emails. You can find all the monthly cumulative lists on the SCVAS website at:
http://www.scvas.org/page.php?page_id=6847 <http://www.scvas.org/page.php?page_id=6847>

Please post all your sightings <south-bay-birds...> and/or www.eBird.org <http://www.ebird.org/> .

Please contact me if you find errors or omissions, or have questions or comments.

Brooke Miller