Date: 6/11/19 5:05 pm
From: Stephen Chase <schasecredo...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Dusky Grouse in the sagebrush
Sun Mountain Lodge is where I found my lifer Dusky Grouse. I read the book
- Birder's Guide to Washington? - which said they frequent the brush around
the tennis courts. So I scoured the *lower* tennis courts for quite some
time, completely unsuccessfully, but at the same time adding Vesper Sparrow
and Brewer's Sparrow as new life birds. I was ready to give up, then
thought to check Google Maps to see if the Lodge had a second tennis court.
They did - and I immediately found Dusky Grouse in the green manicured lawn
next to the *upper *tennis courts.
Stephen