Date: 6/11/19 3:58 pm
Subject: eBird Trip Summary Guilford and Rockingham Counties 06/11/2019
Greeting all

Today my goal was to try and get Dickcissels in both Guilford and Rockingham Counties.

Thanks to Marty and Matt I knew exactly where I needed to look for them

Baldwin Rd in Guilford County was my first stop and as I just received a text from Matt I realized I was exactly where I needed to be and I replied that I was in the spot and then I heard a Dickcissel singing and after I little searching I found him in the tree behind me and I was able to get some pictures.

Now onto Rockingham County using the GPS location that Marty had reported them at on Benaja Rd. I thought I heard one singing but it was a good way from the road near the pond and there was a good breeze blowing. I stayed for 2 hrs and no luck.

I drove down Beville Rd and soon returned back to Benaja hoping to hear one since the breeze had lighten up some but still no luck

While looking for the Dickcissels I had a nice showing of Raptors, first two RT Hawks, a RS Hawk and a Cooper’s Hawk and later an adult Bald Eagle.

I ended up adding 2 species for each county for the day Guilford the Dickcissel and a BG Gnatcatcher.

For Rockingham, I added a Grasshopper Sparrow and RW Blackbird

It was a really nice day to be out

Good Birding Always

jeffblalock
eBird Checklist Summary for: Jun 11, 2019

Number of Checklists: 7
Number of Taxa: 44

Checklists included in this summary:
(1): Lake Cammack Park and Marina
Date: Jun 11, 2019 at 7:25 AM
(2): Baldwin Rd. (Guilford Co.)
Date: Jun 11, 2019 at 7:40 AM
(3): 1410–1604 Benaja Rd, Reidsville US-NC (36.2543,-79.7031)
Date: Jun 11, 2019 at 9:10 AM
(4): 160 Beville Rd, Reidsville US-NC (36.2539,-79.7087)
Date: Jun 11, 2019 at 11:10 AM
(5): 1410–1604 Benaja Rd, Reidsville US-NC (36.2543,-79.7031)
Date: Jun 11, 2019 at 11:50 AM
(6): Lake Reidsville
Date: Jun 11, 2019 at 12:30 PM
(7): Service Rd, Ruffin US-NC (36.4647,-79.5319)
Date: Jun 11, 2019 at 1:15 PM

10 Canada Goose -- (7)
1 duck sp. -- (3)
1 Northern Bobwhite -- (2)
8 Mourning Dove -- (2),(3),(7)
2 Chimney Swift -- (3),(7)
2 Killdeer -- (2),(3)
4 Great Blue Heron (Blue form) -- (2),(4),(5)
30 Black Vulture -- (2),(3),(5),(6),(7)
24 Turkey Vulture -- (2),(3),(5),(6),(7)
1 Osprey -- (2)
1 Cooper's Hawk -- (3)
2 Bald Eagle -- (1),(5)
1 Red-shouldered Hawk -- (3)
4 Red-tailed Hawk -- (2),(3),(6)
1 Red-bellied Woodpecker -- (2)
1 Eastern Wood-Pewee -- (6)
1 Great Crested Flycatcher -- (3)
2 Eastern Kingbird -- (7)
1 Blue Jay -- (6)
24 American Crow -- (2),(3),(6),(7)
1 Fish Crow -- (3)
3 Northern Rough-winged Swallow -- (2),(7)
4 Barn Swallow -- (2),(6)
5 Cliff Swallow -- (6)
2 Tufted Titmouse -- (3),(7)
5 Carolina Wren -- (2),(7)
1 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher -- (2)
7 Eastern Bluebird -- (2),(3),(4),(5)
1 Wood Thrush -- (6)
7 Northern Mockingbird -- (2),(3),(4),(5),(6)
52 European Starling -- (2),(3)
2 American Goldfinch -- (3),(7)
1 Grasshopper Sparrow -- (3)
1 Chipping Sparrow -- (7)
2 Field Sparrow -- (2)
1 Song Sparrow -- (2)
2 Eastern Meadowlark -- (2)
1 Orchard Oriole -- (7)
5 Red-winged Blackbird -- (2),(6),(7)
3 Common Grackle -- (6),(7)
3 Common Yellowthroat -- (2),(4),(7)
2 Northern Cardinal -- (2),(3)
2 Indigo Bunting -- (2),(3)
1 Dickcissel -- (2)

This trip summary was created using the eBird app for iPhone and iPad.
See eBird for more information.

From my iPhone

May God Bless and Keep You

Jeff Blalock