Date: 6/11/19 10:10 am
From: eBird alert <alert.ebird...>
Subject: [slocobirding] [eBird Alert] San Luis Obispo County Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

- Common Murre (1 report)
- Reddish Egret (4 reports)
- White-faced Ibis (1 report)
- Rose-breasted Grosbeak (2 reports)

Common Murre (Uria aalge) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 10, 2019 08:17 by Tom Edell
- North Point Natural Area--Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.407079,-120.8717568&ll=35.407079,-120.8717568
- Comments: "Two in breeding plumage showing all black heads and white below; together offshore; needed scope to see them"

Reddish Egret (Egretta rufescens) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 10, 2019 15:58 by Tom Edell
- Morro Bay SP--Marina/Boardwalk Trail, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3445235,-120.8418006&ll=35.3445235,-120.8418006
- Comments: "second-year bird. At distance, it appeared to have a dark bill, full reddish head and neck, grayish body and wings, and dark legs. Standing on flooded mudflats with DCCOs and WEGUs, then flew and landed by two slightly shorter Snowy Egrets. Too far away for photos but looked like bird Roger Zachary photographed around 11 AM. All prior county records are of hatch-year birds and this is the first June record; all past records between mid-July and end of October"

Reddish Egret (Egretta rufescens) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 10, 2019 11:36 by Maggie Smith
- Morro Bay SP--Marina/Boardwalk Trail, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3445235,-120.8418006&ll=35.3445235,-120.8418006
- Comments: "We had distant scope views; saw reddish color, size and and behavior of Reddish Egret."

Reddish Egret (Egretta rufescens) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 10, 2019 11:36 by Norman Pillsbury
- Morro Bay SP--Marina/Boardwalk Trail, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3445235,-120.8418006&ll=35.3445235,-120.8418006
- Comments: "We had distant scope views; saw reddish color, size and and behavior of Reddish Egret."

Reddish Egret (Egretta rufescens) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 10, 2019 11:27 by Roger Zachary
- Morro Bay SP--Marina/Boardwalk Trail, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.3445235,-120.8418006&ll=35.3445235,-120.8418006
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Viewed from the end of the State Park Marina Boardwalk; distance images taken"

White-faced Ibis (Plegadis chihi) (6) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 10, 2019 06:25 by Tom Edell
- Villa Creek Marsh, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.4620384,-120.9687402&ll=35.4620384,-120.9687402
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Most likely the same I saw here on 8 Jun (Photo)"

Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Pheucticus ludovicianus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jun 10, 2019 09:53 by Mark Hays
- Coon Creek Trail--Montana de Oro SP, San Luis Obispo, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=35.2543048,-120.8808124&ll=35.2543048,-120.8808124
- Media: 5 Photos, 1 Audio
- Comments: "still has head streaks, but white and red breast is evident. started singing shortly after we passed the first bridge."

Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Pheucticus ludovicianus) (1)
- Reported Jun 10, 2019 09:53 by John Fields