Date: 6/10/19 1:23 pm
From: KRISTIN BRUNK <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender kbrunk for DMARC)
Subject: [wisb] Re: Loon- nest/territory takeover attempt Saywer County
WOW, Rick! That sounds like quite the territorial battle - definitely interesting that both the male and female were involved in the fight to maintain the territory, that's super unusual!

I thought I would share this really cool blog for those interested in learning more about loons and loon behavior. It is run by Walter Piper, who has been studying loons in Oneida and Lincoln counties since 1993. It's a really cool project and the blog is a great place to learn more about how scientists think about animal behavior, as well as just to learn more about loons in general!

Here it is: https://loonproject.org/

[https://wpiper1.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/screen-shot-2019-04-22-at-12.52.57-pm.png?w00]<https://loonproject.org/>
The Loon Project<https://loonproject.org/>
loonproject.org
Research on Territorial Behavior. The Loon Project is a scientific study that focuses on territorial behavior, reproduction, and habitat selection of common loons (Gavia immer) in northern Wisconsin.Since 1993, we have captured and individually-marked adults and chicks on about 200 lakes.
Thanks for sharing, Rick!

KB