Date: 6/10/19 12:44 pm
From: John Bates/Mary Burns <manitowish...>
Subject: [wisb] northern mockingbird, Manitowish, Iron County
We have a northern mockingbird visiting in our yard in Manitowish, Iron County. We had one back in July of 2015 as well. Interesting that when we first saw it this morning, neither of us could immediately identify it simply because it wasn’t something our brains would “allow” us to interpret as a mockingbird since they don’t “belong" here. Quickly our minds opened to the possibility, and, then of course, it was obviously a mockingbird.
Or perhaps we’re just getting old.

One way or another, we have had the pleasure of seeing a mockingbird on this beautiful day in the Northwoods.

John Bates, Manitowish, Iron County
<manitowish...>