Date: 6/8/19 5:15 pm
From: Amy Henrici <henriciac...>
Subject: Bank Swallow colony at Chapel Harbor, Allegheny County
People have been reporting Bank swallows at Chapel Harbor this spring. This morning we saw a dozen birds flying in and out of chambers in a cut bank on the downstream edge of the mouth of Squaw Run Creek. We also saw a pair of Rough-winged swallows entering a cavity in the same cut bank, and a pair of kingfishers (documented by Todd Hooe) are nesting in a nearby cavity. Photos of the Bank swallows can be seen in my ebird checklist. The link is at the end of the checklist copied below.

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

> From: <ebird-checklist...>
> Date: June 8, 2019 at 8:03:22 PM EDT
> To: <Henriciac...>
> Subject: eBird Report - Chapel Harbor, Jun 8, 2019
>
> Chapel Harbor, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, US
> Jun 8, 2019 8:39 AM - 10:09 AM
> Protocol: Traveling
> 0.7 mile(s)
> 26 species
>
> Canada Goose 17
> Mallard 3
> Mourning Dove 4
> Chimney Swift 2
> Killdeer 1
> Spotted Sandpiper 1
> Herring Gull (American) 2
> Great Blue Heron (Blue form) 1
> Turkey Vulture 3
> Belted Kingfisher 1
> Willow Flycatcher 1
> Blue Jay 1
> Northern Rough-winged Swallow 2 Two repeatedly entered a cavity in upper left side of cut bank.
> Bank Swallow 6 Viewed entering repeatedly several of the cavities in the large cut bank on the downstream side of the mouth of Squaw Run Creek. Field marks of white on chin, which extends around the auriculars; dark band running across breast with vertical and distally tapering stripe extending from midpoint of horizontal stripe towards belly; narrow, long, distally forked tail; and dark brown wings contrasting with lighter brown back. See photos.
> Barn Swallow (American) 3
> Carolina Wren 1
> American Robin 8 One fledgling.
> Gray Catbird 1