Date: 6/8/19 11:23 am
From: Pete Sole <pete...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Common Merganser Fluff-balls and RFBO
Hi birders,

Sorry for the late report but earlier this week, Nancy and I saw COMMON
MERGANSER chicks on Monday and Tuesday evening, around 7:30pm at the
Aptos Creek mouth. This may be the first time that I've seen merganser
chicks. A few fun images from Monday:

http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/ducks_geese_swans/merganser_common_chick_190603a.jpg

http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/ducks_geese_swans/merganser_common_chick_190603b.jpg

http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/ducks_geese_swans/merganser_common_mom_with_chicks_190603a.jpg

http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/ducks_geese_swans/merganser_common_mom_with_chicks_190603b.jpg

http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/ducks_geese_swans/merganser_common_mom_with_chicks_190603c.jpg

As others have reported, the RED FOOTED BOOBY was on its usual perch at
the end of the pier at Sea Cliff State Beach. Alas, by the time we
finished with the Mergansers, it was too late to photograph the booby.
Ebird report from Monday evening:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S57198844

Fun birding,

Pete