Date: 6/5/19 4:01 pm
From: Phil Kelley <scrubjay323...>
Subject: [Tweeters] NIsqually NWR 6/5/19
Tweets,

Today was a pretty quiet day at Nisqually. It was overcast and misty
at the start but soon dried up. A little breezy and we had a -3.2 low
tide at 1:50. Lots of mud and no water along the estuary dike.

Highlights included a pair of SANDHILL CRANE flyover before most of us
got there and a couple of BAND-TAILED PIGEONS in the orchard.

There were lots of BLACK-HEADED GROSBEAK calling and CEDAR WAXWINGS
were everywhere. We did have both PACIFIC-SLOPE and WILLOW FLYCATCHERS
along the boardwalk.

I had 29 species for the day with the BAND-TAILED PIGEON being the
only new bird for the year. I now have 101 species for the year, The
only mammal I saw was a COTTON-TAILED RABBIT.

Until next week.....

Phil Kelley
<scrubjay323...>
Lacey, WA