Date: 6/2/19 6:31 pm
From: JOS GRZYBOWSKI <j_grzybowski...>
Subject: Re: Passing of Ford Hendershot
Very sad news.  Brett stated well Ford's passion, sincerity and care for others.  JOE Grzybowski
On Sunday, June 2, 2019, 8:27:41 PM CDT, Brett Niland <bestguess...> wrote:

Sad day,
He was a great guy and Lareina and I dearly enjoyed our time with him.  His passion for the place and all its inhabitants was very evident in the way he performed tours.
His love of fellow man and those that share a love of birds was clear in his service to others.
A mighty oak has fallen. He will be missed.

Thank You,
Brett NilandCell: (918) 200-1818
On Jun 2, 2019, at 1:31 PM, Sandy Berger <sndbrgr...> wrote:

Awwww.  I shall never forget when he met a group of us Fort Smith people very early one morning, and helped us get a very special bird at Red Slough.  What a thrill that moment was when all of a sudden, just as it was getting light, a bird screamed out, “KISKADEE” from the tree above us.What a nice, considerate man he was.  Thank you for letting us know, David.
Sandy B

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 12:46 PM Matthew Jung <mpjung5125...> wrote:

I'm saddened by his passing; my heart-felt condolences to his family.  Matt
On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 11:29 AM David Arbour <arbour...> wrote:

Ford Hendershot passed away last Wednesday night in his sleep.  He was diagnosed with stage 4 Pancreatic cancer about three weeks earlier.  Ford was a forest service volunteer who helped give tours at Red Slough.  Many of you know Ford from going on his tours.  Ford was also an avid ebirder.  His Celebration of Life will be tomorrow (Monday) at 2:00 p.m. in Idabel at the United Methodist Church.

David Arbour

Join us on Facebook!