Date: 6/2/19 4:27 pm
From: Jacque Brown <bluebird2...>
Subject: Re: White-winged Dove, update Centerton
The White-winged Doves showed up a month earlier this year during the 1st week of April I saw two adults that week, compared to last year during the 1st week of May, I saw one adult that week and the second during the following week or so.

This year, after the 1st week of April there was one adult off and on until May 24th. I saw two adults again that Friday before the long weekend. Then nothing for 4 days.

I don’t know where they have been but they have been busy.

Friday an adult brought a young-un with it to the yard and this morning there were three White-winged Doves in my tree but only one was the adult with red eyes and the blue skin around the eyes. The other two had no blue and the eyes are brownish. The cheeks on their faces are a little more whitish than gray as well. I wasn’t seeing the young until the July 4th weekend last year so this is also a month earlier than last year.

I also have Brown Thrashers nesting in my mock orange shrub. I found the nest when I went to cut back the shrub, sorry mama bird!
And in the yard next door there is a Baltimore Oriole nest in the large Maple.

My Montmorancy Cherry tree is loaded again this year and the Robins, Gray Catbirds, and Brown Thrashers have been raiding it. There are usually Cedar Waxwings as well but I haven’t seen any yet. The cherries are bright red and very tart. Like cherry pie cherries, there are usually none left on the tree by the middle of June.

Jacque Brown

> On May 20, 2019, at 5:26 PM, Jacque Brown <bluebird2...> wrote:
>
> Speaking of White-winged Doves.
>
> I still have my faithful bird in the yard.
>
> I saw one bird April 1st if I remember correctly, then I had seen two in the same tree a few days later-still in the first week of April. Then only one at a time since then, as relaxed as this bird is with my coming and going on the back porch I’ll wager a guess is it the same bird.
>
> Saturday there were two White-winged Doves on the arbor in the backyard. This is about the same time last year I started seeing two but they were not usually together, more like in earshot. My ears, so they weren’t that far away for me to hear them.
>
> YAY!
>

> Jacque Brown
> Centerton, AR
> <bluebird2...>