Date: 6/2/19 11:32 am
From: Sandy Berger <sndbrgr...>
Subject: Re: Passing of Ford Hendershot
Awwww. I shall never forget when he met a group of us Fort Smith people
very early one morning, and helped us get a very special bird at Red
Slough. What a thrill that moment was when all of a sudden, just as it was
getting light, a bird screamed out, “KISKADEE” from the tree above us.
What a nice, considerate man he was. Thank you for letting us know, David.

Sandy B

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 12:46 PM
Matthew Jung <mpjung5125...> wrote:

> I'm saddened by his passing; my heart-felt condolences to his family. Matt
>
> On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 11:29 AM David Arbour <arbour...>
> wrote:
>
>> Ford Hendershot passed away last Wednesday night in his sleep. He was
>> diagnosed with stage 4 Pancreatic cancer about three weeks earlier. Ford
>> was a forest service volunteer who helped give tours at Red Slough. Many
>> of you know Ford from going on his tours. Ford was also an avid ebirder.
>> His Celebration of Life will be tomorrow (Monday) at 2:00 p.m. in Idabel at
>> the United Methodist Church.
>>

>> David Arbour

Join us on Facebook!