Date: 6/2/19 10:57 am
From: DianaByrne <diana.byrne...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Marbled Murrelet and Tufted Puffins
Haystack Rock in Cannon Beach is a very good bet for Tufted Puffins in mid July.
Go at low tide so you can get closer to Haystack Rock, and look high up at the north side, in the grassy area where they nest in burrows.

Marbled Murrelets are occasionally seen from Ecola SP (State Park), and from Seaside Cove. But many more sightings come from Boiler Bay State Wayside, south of Lincoln City.

These locations are all hotspots in eBird, where you can view bar charts that show what birds have been reported each month.
https://ebird.org/hotspots

Diana Byrne
diana.byrne AT comcast.net

------------------------
[obol] Re: Marbled Murrelet

• From: Dan Mulhern <browndog06@xxxxxxx>
• To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
• Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2019 16:59:51 -0500
While I'm asking, if there are opportunities to find other more pelagic species
from shore I would love to learn of those also. Thanks.

Dan Mulhern
Manhattan, Kansas

Dan Mulhern <browndog06@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I will be visiting northern Oregon, Portland and Cannon Beach, in mid July,
and wonder if there's any realistic opportunity to see Marbled Murrelet? Any
guidance would be appreciated.

Also, is Haystack Rock my best bet for Tufted Puffin?

Thanks.

Dan Mulhern
Manhattan, Kansas

POST: Send your post to <obol...>